Now – MAY 12, 2019
Ocean Bound Exhibit
What can YOU do in your watershed to protect our ocean? Find out in Ocean Bound!
Dive into an underwater adventure and explore the science of watersheds, aquatic animals, and our ocean in Ocean Bound!, a national traveling exhibit at MDWFP’s Mississippi Museum of Natural Science, from January 26, 2019 – May 12, 2019.
“We’re hosting this exhibit so our visitors can see how everyone’s actions on land affect our ocean and to give families a fun environmental science learning experience,” says Charles Knight, Museum Director.
Get a unique and breathtaking introduction to the majesty of the ocean in Ocean Bound! Explore the ocean’s vast diversity and come to understand our connection to it through more than 65 eye-popping aquatic species and ecosystems, hi-definition video, and hands-on activities.
- Journey through watersheds to see how everyone’s actions on land affect our ocean.
- Make it rain in a large 3-D watershed model!
- Pilot a full-size two-station “submersible” from mountain stream to the ocean.
- Encounter eye-popping aquatic species and ecosystems along the way!
- Be a biologist and go deeper.
- Guide “water” safely through a hazardous maze.
- Flip paddles and divert “pollutants” as they travel through stormwater drains.
- Discover how river otters made a comeback.
- Spot the polluters and be a Watershed Warrior!
Click here for photos from our “Ocean Bound!” exhibit premiere party!
Ocean Bound!, was developed by the Sciencecenter and funded by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA).
The exhibit is sponsored locally by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks, the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science Foundation, Feild Co-operative Association, Inc., Sanderson Farms, Inc., The Walker Foundation, Ergon, and Trustmark.