SEPTEMBER 29, 2018 – DECEMBER 31, 2018
In the Dark Exhibit
In the dark layers beneath the soil, under the sea, or in the shadows of night, unseen worlds teeming with life are illuminated in this enlightening exhibition. Crawl inside a giant bat head, experience life as a termite, and explore the worlds of bobcats, skunks, and cicadas. Plus, learn how birds find their way flying at night, how bats use echo-location, and how some species have adapted to life in the dark! Free for Members.
Click here for photos from our glow in the dark exhibit premiere party!
“In the Dark” is a traveling exhibit organized by the Cincinnati Museum Center. The exhibit is sponsored locally by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks, the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science Foundation, Regions Bank, the H.F. McCarty, Jr. Family Foundation, the W.A. Taylor Foundation, and other generous sponsors.
***** 2019 *****
JANUARY 26, 2019 – MAY 12, 2019
Ocean Bound Exhibit
What can YOU do in your watershed to protect our ocean? Find out in Ocean Bound!
- Journey through watersheds to see how everyone’s actions on land affect our ocean.
- Make it rain in a large 3-D watershed model!
- Pilot a full-size two-station “submersible” from mountain stream to the ocean.
- Encounter eye-popping aquatic species and ecosystems along the way!
- Be a biologist and go deeper.
- Guide “water” safely through a hazardous maze.
- Flip paddles and divert “pollutants” as they travel through stormwater drains.
- Discover how river otters made a comeback.
- Spot the polluters and be a Watershed Warrior!
The exhibit is sponsored locally by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks, the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science Foundation, Sanderson Farms, Inc., Ergon, Trustmark, and other generous sponsors.
MAY 19, 2018 – SEPTEMBER 9, 2018
“The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!®” Exhibit
What’s even more amazing than explorer and adventurer Robert Ripley’s legendary compendium of oddities, anomalies, and fantastic feats? The science that underlies them.
This highly interactive exhibit is an adventure through the remarkable realms of scientific discoveries and real artifacts from Ripley’s Believe It or Not!®
Go placed you’ve never imagined and follow your natural curiosity as you explore the real science behind the unbelievable. Through experiments, challenges, touchable specimens, real artifacts, computer interactives, and multimedia experiences, visitors of all ages will delve into the astounding world of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!®
The exhibit has something of interest to everyone:
- Young children will be thrilled as they crawl through a life-size model of a prehistoric snake and revel at its incredible size!
- Teens will be amazed by the portrait of Justin Bieber – made entirely of candy!
- Adults will marvel at intricate micro-sculptures so small, they fit into the eye of a needle!
MEMBERS – “The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!®” Exhibit Premiere Party
Friday, May 18, 2018 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Members – join us to launch the exhibit with awesome food, fun, & friends!
Not a Member? Click here to join online today!
The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! is funded in part by the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation. The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! is a production of Science North, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada and Ripley Entertainment Inc. Ripley’s Believe It or Not!® and Believe It or Not!® are registered trademarks of Ripley Entertainment Inc.
The exhibit is sponsored locally by the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks, the Mississippi Museum of Natural Science Foundation, Gertrude C. Ford Foundation, Entergy, Nissan, The Chisholm Foundation, Ergon, and other generous sponsors.